Microsoft announce that Feb 29th 2012 will be the release for Visual Studio and TFS 11 beta, they publish a comparison of the different between Visual Studio 11 beta editions.
We will find very excited features like “Windows 8 Metro Style Simulator” and “Windows Phone 7 Emulator” that will be available for all edition (Ultimate, Premium, Professional) , there are many other new feature that seems amazing, we really waiting this release.
For complete comparison of all features, see the following link:
There is also good news about release TFS Express for free that will include
- Source Code Control
- Work Item Tracking
- Build Automation
- Agile Taskboard
- and more…
TFS Express has some limitation
- No Sharepoint integration, no reporting
- Is limited to no more than 5 named users.
- Only supports SQL Server Express Edition (which we’ll install for you, if you don’t have it)
- Can only be installed on a single server (no multi-server configurations)
- Includes the Agile Taskboard but not sprint/backlog planning or feedback management.
- Excludes the TFS Proxy and the new Preemptive analytics add-on.
Fore more informationm you can visit the following link: